Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Update on List Progress

Last night, I attended my first belly dancing class.
My body started to hurt by the time I got into the car.
I learned a few things:
1. I have NO rhythm.
2. I dance a lot better when I'm drunk, especially if I'm with Tanya or Kerry.
3. I'm not as limber as I used to be. My left hip socket made popping noises.
4. I am rhythm-less.
5. I cannot perform what I learned for Matt without giggling.

Here's a link to my original list.

1. The purslane is almost gone. Did you know it's a food crop in Europe?
6. We had roasted chicken, green beans, and mashed potatoes for Matt's yesterday birthday. Don't get excited-it was supermarket deli, canned, and boxed. But it was real food.
7. Haven't touched the Chinese Coin quilt because I've been working on this:

And these:


8. Ouch. And as I said to CO Robin, I felt muscles I haven't felt since I was 16 and riding a horse in the Grand Tetons. I haven't felt those since Daniel was chest hair-less. Since I last wore neon and tie dye!
14. yes
15. yes
16. yes. "The Brief History of The Dead" by Kevin Brockmeier. Damned good.
18. Soon, my precious, sooon
20. Yes, some days TWICE!! But not today.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I just have to say: I bought some of your potholders at the R&R Craft show, and I'm in love.

Allison said...

Thanks, Angela! Please spread the word! I'll be at Tower Grove Farmer's Market tomorrow, with a TON of fresh n'fancy oven mitts.
Wait, was Fresh N'Fancy the name of a makeup DIY kit in the 80's? You could make your own lip gloss and blush...