Did I really get married?
We bought a house? WHAT???!!
Another reason why I couldn't sleep last night was the sheer joy of selling 20 oven mitts and 30 sets of potholders at the Rock and Roll Craft Show. I am well on my way to a sizeable down payment on a new car. I was so excited and thrilled at how well my humble kitchen wares did. As I lay in bed, images of future fairs and selling to actual stores drifted through my head. Even the book I'm reading, "The Devil In The White City" couldn't dispel those sugarplums.
I learned a few things this weekend:
List Of Things I Learned This Weekend1. The public likes my oven mitts and can't tell the difference between poorly applied binding and well-applied binding.
2. I can price my potholders at $11 a pair and nobody bats an eye.
3. Other folks, as cheerful and wonderful as they may appear, are also not as perfect as I assume them to be. For some reason, I always assume I'm the one with all the problems and everyone else has a happy wonderful life. We all have problems, so it's nice to know I'm not alone. I miss having friends I could dish with. I hope my knitting group turns into those type of folks.
4. This war freaking sucks. It's not just the people actually in "the shit", it's the sisters and mothers and wives of those people who have to deal with the aftermath. Just like we're creating future terrorists out of little kids who see their parents die, we're also creating future pacifists and Democrats.
I keep asking Dan if he's okay, if he's having any flashbacks or depression yet. I guess after 2 years, I can stop, but after 2 years, I'm the one who can't watch the news or read the paper without getting teary-eyed. It's kinda f-ed up that I'm the one with the post-traumatic stress and Dan was the one who got shot at and fought scorpions.
5. St. Louis wants its crafts, and it wants them now.
6. I have a lot of sewing to do (again, sigh) for the Tower Grove Farmer's Market.
7. I really want a new car. I am unabashedly jealous of Beqi for getting one already. Yet, I also miss my Mazda.
8. My cute shoes hurt after wearing them for too long.
9. Karen/Diane can get me and 6 others into the Botanical Garden for free.
10. Hmm...I had to make an even 10.....okay-I know an awful lot of people in this city, all of whom appeared happy to see me. Yay for softball teams!