Friday, June 15, 2007

*blows dust off diary*

May 9, 1987
Dear diary,
I don't want to play my flute in church. Dad asked why I never play it at home. I said, "I don't want to." So now I can't get my ears pierced! I want to die or just stay up in my room forever! I have to plant ALL the goddamn onion sets. I hope the birds eat them all.

Ah, I can just hear Big Mike saying, "Well, I guess I don't want to pay for your ears getting pierced!". Also, a typical punishment in the Walker household, once we were too old to be spanked, would involve physical labor. No wonder I can't sit still when I'm outside. I always feel like I have to be doing something.
This also may mark the first sign of teen-hood: "I want to die!"
For those who did not grow up with a garden, onion sets are just teensy tiny onions that you plant and wait for them to become regular onions.
The whole issue with ear piercing was that it was 1987, and my parents thought if I went to Piercing Pagoda at the mall, I would get AIDS. Instantly.
So, it was off to the doctor's I went., clueless as to what would befall me.Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The first time my ears were pierced my bib sister did the deed with a sewing needle, a potato and an ice cube. Unbeknownst to my parents.