Sunday, October 08, 2006

*blows dust off diary*

Well, dear readers, I've finished several sewing projects, and instead of rebuilding my stock for the Harvest Festival and Rock and Roll Craft Show 3, I'm on the computer, giving you what you want.

May 6, 1987
Dear Nancy,
Hi. Sorry. Today the sun actually shone and so I wore shorts. Mom picked me up from school and as a nice surprise, took Dan and I to Dilly's Corner for ice cream.
Yesterday Dad fixed the valve core on my bike. H. asked me if I wanted to ride along the canal path to Limeport. So I said maybe, because my bike was sick. Today she says, "I don't know if I'll have my bike back by then?" She better not have lied to me!
C. likes Chris C. He has a humongus hacienda! But it seems every time I look at him, he's looking at me. Oh dear.
Mom and Dad are planning to go to Ireland this summer.
Bye!

Ah, the ever present plan to go to Ireland. It fell by the wayside, along with the computer, rebuilding my 1967 Mustang, a new car for me upon college graduation ( I got $90 and "Eat something, will ya?" from Dad).....we Walkers love to plan, plan, plan.
Dilly's Corner was a little ice cream/snack shop right at the bridge over to New Jersey. I probably had a blueberry milkshake, made with real ice cream, real blueberries, and real milk. They also had good cheese dogs.
H. lived along the New Hope Canal, which followed the Delaware River down to Morristown. Mules used to pull barges along it, but when we lived there, it was a bike/walking path. Actually, I think you could still take a mule barge ride.
Chris C. was a hot item for most of my high school years. Last I saw him, he had a big neck and had obviously been working out 30 hours a day. He was one of the smartest kids in my grade, quiet, and had a good sense of humor. He was a BMX-er. Chris was one of those kids who want to be millionaires by the time they're 25, and I bet he was close.
The first wearing of shorts was a big deal for me, because my legs are/were blindingly white. I may be responsible for several holes in the ozone layer. I was SO self-conscious of it, but never resorted to fake tan, thank god. Even now, my legs never tan. I get a few freckles, but that's about it.

No comments: