Today sucked. I had thought my good mood returned yesterday, and things today were going well until I went grocery shopping.
1. My grocery bill was less than 50 cents OVER the balance in our account. I was so embarrassed: I've never been that person who has to put stuff back. Did I put back the Take 5 bars? Hell no! The dog food can wait a few days! Why should I suffer a lack of chocolate when...
2. My serger has been stitching funny and I can't get it adjusted quite right. I was almost done with my Secret Project and then the damn needle fell out. After twenty minutes last night of fussing with it, I was sick of thread tensions and loopers. At that point, I said, "fuck it" and turned it off and put the cover over it.
3. Tilted my hot iron to see what was sticking on the bottom and poured hot iron water all over my hand.
4. Decided to cut out bird bits for bird pot holders. Brought up bin of Asian fabrics, opened it up and was overwhelmed with choices and couldn't decide where to start.
5. Motherfucking squirrel(s) dug up my planters of lettuce on the front porch.
6. Don't even get me started on the "I'm pretty sure I don't want kids, cause I like to be alone and I like a clean house, so why do I feel so bitter about people who are pregnant?" conundrum!
Waaaa.....poor little me.......
Since I just read an article about negative self talk, I have to balance out the bad.....
1. My friend Kelly came over and I sent her home with 2 bags of fabric that will be made into super cute bags.
2. Mushroom and olive pizza is cooking in the oven.
3. I found these today:
4. Last year on March 28, I took this picture:
5. I had the presence of mind to NOT pull up a mystery plant that I first thought was a weed. After further investigation, said plants are either Grecian windflowers or anemones.
6. My sweet little arthritic Maggie will be 12 on March 30. She enjoyed a long walk today and some fine smells on the warm-ish breeze. Notice the pillaged planters flanking her.