Monday, February 02, 2009

Groundhog Day


I always feel sorry for Punxsutawny Phil. He's comfortably snoozing, and is then yanked into the cold Pennsylvania air for a bunch of men in stove pipe hats. Of course we're having 6 more weeks of winter! It's f'ing FEBRUARY, you idiots!
And if it were to warm up, we'd have snow in April again!
But, the proclamation is cool:

Greetings from Punxsutawney!

Phil Says Six More Weeks!

Phil's official forecast as read February 2nd, 2009 at sunrise at Gobbler's Knob:

Hear Ye Hear Ye

On Gobbler's Knob this glorious Groundhog Day, February 2nd, 2009

Punxsutawney Phil, Seer of Seers, Prognosticator of all Prognosticators

Awoke to the call of President Bill Cooper

And greeted his handlers, Ben Hughes and John Griffiths

After casting a joyful eye towards thousands of his faithful followers,

Phil proclaimed that his beloved Pittsburgh Steelers were World Champions one more time

And a bright sky above me

Showed my shadow beside me.

So 6 more weeks of winter it will be.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, then. How does one discern a joyful eye from an angry, vengeful groundhog eye?

Today was an "eh" day, but..

1. The roofers are back at work at my school. Imagine me munching on an apple, juice running down my chin, ogling roofers with my coworkers during lunch. The one in the red sweatshirt is the hottest one, reflective sunglasses aside.

2. Hot gossip abounds at work, but I can't talk about it. Sorry, Bev :)

3. My hair looked great today.

4. I think I can actually take the dog for a walk, since most of the snow has melted. Sorry, Cat :)

See? I got nothin'!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, we have our own speculation in the parent department.

Some of us are glad. Some of us are mad. Some of us wonder if that building stands on top of cursed ground or something.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, my side of the street still looks fresh and snow-virginal. I'll tell you how bad it is: I treasure "my" in-front-of-my-house parking space like it's lined in gold (just ask Steve next time you see him), but for the last couple of days I have parked ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STREET because it's snow-free over there. It was treacherous carrying groceries over the the pure snice (my new word for snow turned to ice) still clinging to our street and sidewalk.